MODULE SIX - CONFLICT MANAGEMENT, DELEGATION, AND ACCOUNTABILITY
In this four hour session, participants learn how to manage difficult conversations and how to have healthy conflict that is issue based. Using the coaching skills learned earlier and their new conflict management skills, participants will have an opportunity to role play some difficult conversations in class.
Many well meaning managers fail to delegate well and don't know how to hold others accountable in the process. There are two primary reasons this occurs. First, the new manager reverts to being an individual contributor, what they were rewarded for prior to becoming a manager. Secondly, new managers are unsure how to delegate even if they want to. We present a model of how to give away key tasks and projects to others without having them fail. Participants practice using the model within the session.
- Learn how to develop healthy conflict based upon trust.
- Learn how to have difficult conversations.
- Learn how to delegate and hold others accountable.
- Explain how to develop healthy conflict on your team.
- Conduct a role playing exercise for a difficult conversation.
- Create a delegation plan.