Leadership Essentials for New Managers
Move from doing to leading
Making the transition from individual contributor to leader demands a new set of skills
Leadership Essentials for New Managers is uniquely designed to equip the new managers with the following leadership skills.
- Learn how to increase your leadership influence
- Understand the power of emotional intelligence to lead others
- Discover your unique leadership approach through the Birkman Method®
- Learn how to use coaching to transform any conversation
- Manage healthy conflict in order to increase staff commitment
- Delegate properly and hold others accountable
- Communicate up, down and across the organization effectively
- Learn how to manage your time effectively
Each participant will receive a 1:1 performance coaching session from a certified executive coach as part of the training. Performance coaching has been proven to significantly enhance the learning of the coachee and is a distinguishing characteristic of the program.
Training is delivered over three full day classroom sessions (24 instructional hours). Each session is two-four weeks apart. The coaching sessions (4 hours) are scheduled during the program.
CREDENTIAL: Certificate (non-credit). Assessment for course completion is based on full attendance for all sessions, in class participation, and creation of Action Plan.
CAPACITY: Minimum of 10 participants for private training. Maximum of 15 participants for public training.
Module 1 - Leadership for Managers
Module 2 - Emotional Intelligence
Module 3 - Workplace Culture
Module 4 - Coaching Skills for Leaders
Module 5 - Evaluating and Supporting Staff
Module 7 - Meetings and Time Management
Next Public Workshop
Location: Fort Calgary, 750 9 Ave SE, Calgary AB
Email us to be notified of our next public workshop dates
- includes all training materials
- plus applicable GST
Have 10 or more employees to be trained? Consider bringing this training program into your workplace. We can customize to your specific needs and workplace context.
Ian is a Certified Executive Coach through RoyalRoads University and an Advanced Certified Consultant in the Birkman Method®. He received an Administrative and Commercial Studies Degree from the University of Western Ontario. Ian is also a member of the Canadian Association of Professional Speakers.